Thursday, October 20, 2011

Amazon Adds More Content For Free Streaming with Amazon Prime

Amazon has announced that they will be adding some more Fox and PBS shows to their free instant streaming.  It appears they are the ones who may eventually be giving Netflix a run for their money.  After all they are cheaper.  At $79 a year, that’s less than $7 dollars a month plus you get the bonus of two day free shipping with everything you buy.  In my case, I buy a lot and have had nothing but satisfaction with Amazon.  In fact, everybody in this household now heads to Amazon to shop before even thinking about heading out to the department stores or malls.

I still have both streaming services, but I don’t know how long that will last.  When Amazon Prime comes up for renewal, I will probably dump Netflix streaming and just do some discs with them.  As it is now I have access to more movies than I could ever possibly watch.  There are all kinds of devices out there that stream Amazon.  I have three even without my computers:  A Roku Player, A Sony Blu-ray player, and my Vizio Blu-ray which cost me only $88 dollars and I couldn’t be happier with it.  And oh yeah, if you want to watch a more recent movie you can rent it from Amazon as well or buy a digital copy that you won’t have to store and will always be available to watch.  You can do that without even having Prime, as long as you have an Amazon account.  Anyway, here’s the Amazon announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment