Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The White House is Down, But Apparently Not Out.

Director Roland Emmerich is at it again.  He destroyed the White House in Independence Day.  He then froze it over in The Day After Tomorrow.  And just for good measure, he took it out again in  2012.
And now, he places it under attack again with the movie White House Down which stars Channing Tatum, Jamie Foxx, and Maggie GyllenhaalIMDB describes the film this way:

While on a tour of the White House with his young daughter, a police officer (Channing Tatum) springs into action to protect his child and the president (Jamie Foxx) from a heavily armed group of paramilitary invaders.
I'm not one to be posting much in the way of videos anymore. Every time I go through my old posts, all I see is those dreaded words "this video is not available" for whatever reason.

What really pisses me off though is when they are on YouTube, but the powers that be won't let you embed them on your blog.

This happened on my West Side Story review. I had about three videos that I found on YouTube when I originally wrote it and they worked fine. When I checked it this past week to make it my movie pick of the week on my Facebook page, the videos no longer worked unless you went directly to you tube. So I just edited the review and took the videos out which is probably what I'll do whenever I have time on some of the others. But I won't be using too many videos when I can keep from it.

But whatever. The White House is Down. Let's hope Emmerich isn't flushing it down the bad movie commode.  Maybe I’ll review one of those previous efforts before June 28.  We shall see. 


Release date in the United States is scheduled for June 28, just in time for the Fourth of July. That figures. Having practically destroyed the planet, at least now it appears Emmerich has narrowed his focus somewhat. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment