Sunday, May 5, 2013

Reese Witherspoon’s Mea Culpa

After making an ass of herself during a drunk driving arrest in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago, Reece Witherspoon meekly trots herself out to This Week so that she can offer up her true confession to George Stephanopoulos. Here's my take on it.

Her and her  husband were arrested as anybody would be or should be.  More so him then her.  He could have killed someone.

But not everybody would have their drunken spree make headlines across the country.

Okay, so it's over and done with. And her name is no longer Mud but I guess her movie with Matthew McConaughey is.

I guess it comes down to this: I'm sorry, I'll never do it again, I made an ass of myself, now go see my damn movie because it's great and I'm great. What is my take?

I really don't care. Unless it becomes a habit. The apology is nothing more than damage control and there's nothing wrong with that. For Joe Nobody, would any person care that he got a DWI and made an ass of himself?   Unless he killed somebody, certainly within the realm of possibility for any drunk driver.  Even Reese Witherspoon's husband.

So yeah, forgive and forget. Mostly just forget it.

That being said there is one thing I will never forgive Reese Witherspoon for.  Nor will I ever forget it. That's an atrocity foisted on the American Public called Sweet Home Alabama. Yech!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment